Sleeping well is a key to our health. 10 Tips to rest deeply.
October 9, 2022 Guide 0 Comments
Sleeping well is a key to our health, mood, and our performance.
Sleep deprivation reduces our work performance and causes memory and reasoning failures, irritability, anxiety, and even increases the risk of accidents. What’s more, in recent years, it has been shown that little sleep is directly related to the increase in body fat, and therefore, to obesity. Sleeping well and on time can prevent depression, anxiety and health issues.
Here are The 10 tips to rest deeply:
- Establish a regular sleep schedule. Try to go to bed and get up every day at the same time and follow the sleep rhythm that your body sets. It is not recommended that you stay in bed longer than necessary to sleep.
- Attention to environmental factors. Keep the bedroom dark, quiet, well-ventilated, and at a comfortable room temperature throughout the night. It will help you sleep well.
- Keep the bed in good condition. It is important that your mattress is neither too soft nor too hard. The pillow must have the right density and height for you. Remember also that the bed should be used for sleeping and not for reading, watching television or working, in order to avoid fragmented and poor-quality sleep. Try to avoid eating in bed.
- Regulate meal times. Above all, do not eat or drink large amounts during the three hours before going to bed. Large meals produce heavy digestion and become our enemy when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid long naps during the day. These have proven cardiovascular and mental benefits, but they shouldn’t be too long to make it hard to get a good night’s sleep. It is best that they last between fifteen and thirty minutes and that the interval, from the end of the nap to the moment of going to sleep at night, is at least seven hours.
- Go to bed as soon as you are sleepy. It is not good to fall asleep watching TV in the living room, as it is more difficult to fall asleep in bed later. So when your eyelids feel heavy or your mouth opens, it’s time to switch from the sofa to the bed. Uncomfortable or interrupted sleep might cause you a nightmare or back, muscle pain.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime ritual. It can help you release tension by doing some relaxing activity for half an hour before going to bed. Such as reading, listening to soft music, practicing relaxation exercises, or taking a bath or shower, to eliminate tension. If you still can’t get to sleep, focus on positive, calming thoughts instead of dwelling on them.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. A balanced diet and sports must be accompanied by other healthy habits such as reducing or eliminating the consumption of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, or stimulant substances such as coffee, caffeine, or tea, which can reduce the quality of sleep.
- Get physical exercise. If possible, about 30-40 minutes every day. However, you should try not to do physical activity between four and six hours before bedtime, due to its exciting effect. It might give you opposite effects like an adrenaline rush, hyperactivity, heart palpitation and high blood pressure. It is important to schedule your sports activity in advance.
- Positive thoughts are always helpful. Think about all the good things that happened in your life, plan your next day in your head and fell asleep with a smile:) Meditate before your sleep. There are a lot of guided meditations on the internet that could help to improve your sleep.
Read the article that is useful as well as Exercises and stretches for better sleep.
It is important that you follow those tips as it can definitely improve your sleep. Have a good night:)