🚫 The cloth bag is not breathable.🚫 Very hot with heating.
Considerations before buying a cheap quilt
As you may have noticed, there are many cheap quilts on the market , although not all have good benefits, so it is important that so that you can make a good purchase, you take into account these considerations that can help you choose.
The material of the filling is one of the most important points that you should consider before buying, since this is what will determine the quality of the quilt .
- Natural fillings: they can be of duck, goose and other bird down and feathers, as well as natural cotton or wool. They are quite thick and padded, so they provide warmth and regulate the temperature very well. And although they are of very good quality, they can cause allergies and are not cheap.
- Synthetic fillings: These are fibers and microfibers, usually polyester or cotton. They have good thermal properties and are breathable, so they can be used in times of high humidity. They do not require so much care when washing them and their price is quite low.
It is what allows the quilt filling to be evenly distributed and there are no empty areas. Although there are several designs, the best in this aspect is the system cooked in wide squares .
It can vary a lot from one comforter to another, your choice depends on what time you are going to use it and how well you can handle the cold. In this sense, you can choose:
- For the mountains and extreme cold : A grammage greater than 400gr / m2.
- For winter in the city : 250 gr / m2 and 300 gr / m2 is enough.
- For the summer or slightly more humid climates : 100 gr / m2 is a good option.
🚫 Length / Size
If you do not know what size to choose, it is good that you consider certain aspects before buying, such as: Your height, if you move when sleeping and of course, the dimensions of your bed . Similarly, if you have doubts, keep this guide in mind:
- 150/160 X 220/240 for bed of 90
- 180 X 220/240 for bed of 105
- 220 X 220/240 for 135 bed
- 240 X 220/240 for 150 bed
- 260 X 240 for 180 bed
🚫 Hygiene and safety
As the duvet will have direct contact with your skin, it is good that you take hygiene into account. Although it is not recommended to wash the duvets very regularly, it is good that you check if they are easy to clean or absorb moisture, in the same way, if you have skin problems or suffer from allergies, it is best to make sure that you have some hypoallergenic type of treatment .
We know that price is a determining factor for you, so in order for you to make a quality purchase, we collect only the options that we know can give you very good results and are also not so expensive. Therefore, our recommended models are between 20 and 60 euros.
On the other hand, you would like to see the best offers on the best mattresses , so we recommend you see the article on the best cheap mattresses .
❓ Frequently asked questions FAQ
❓ How heavy can a duvet have?
To answer this, it is good to know that everything has to be balanced, since nobody likes to be too hot or too cold, so the quilt must be able to adapt. The minimum grammage you can find is 100 gr / m², while the highest is 600 gr / m².
❓ Is a duvet cover the same as a duvet?
No, what differentiates them is the filling. While the cover only serves to cover the bed, the duvet being filled , shelters you and keeps you warm.
The best cheap quilt: which one to choose?
It is important that you keep in mind that the best quilt must be comfortable and warm to withstand the coldest nights, so before purchasing one you should think about your needs. Our selection of the 7 best cheap quilts can meet your expectations very well, so you can consider them when buying.