Are you looking for 20 tips for sleep during heat This week the air in Moscow will warm up to +30 degrees, and, for example, in the south of the country, forecasters predict up to +39 degrees Celsius. The British, too, are experiencing anomalous heat, and the Independent has published (and we have translated) advice on how to sleep if the apartment is stuffy and hot.
Best tips for sleeping during the heat
- Before going to bed, wrap your bedding in a bag and place it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. If you are short on space in the fridge or freezer, you can only chill your pillowcase or pajamas.
- Fill a heating pad with ice water and apply it under your knees, ankles, wrists, neck and elbows. If you want, you can freeze the heating pad and take it with you to bed.
- Buy aloe vera gel and store it in the refrigerator, and moisturize your skin with it before bed.
- Fill an empty spray bottle with chilled water and place it by your bed. To freshen up, spray water on your face, back of your neck, and under your knees.
- Choose thin cotton pajamas and sheets, which are breathable.
- Try to eat less protein – it speeds up the metabolism and raises the body temperature.
- For dinner (at least three hours before bedtime), you can eat spicy food – it increases sweating, and this cools the body.
- Exercise in the morning, not in the evening, so as not to overheat.
- Take a cool, but not too cold shower in the
evening. If the water is very cold, the body will react to sudden temperature changes and keep warm.
- Contrary to popular belief, it makes no sense to keep the windows open – to keep the house cool, it is better to close and curtain the windows.
- Before going to bed, turn off all electrical appliances in the bedroom – there is heat from the outlets.
- Keep your feet cool. You can, for example, place an ice pack under your feet.
- Place a deep plate of ice in front of a fan to cool the air.
- Drink water as often as possible throughout the day, but try not to drink right before bed.
- Have separate beds for you and your partner. If there are two of you, the bed will be twice as warm.
- Try sleeping on the floor – it’s much cooler there.
- Sleep in wet socks or even a damp T-shirt.
- In pharmacies, menthol sticks are sold – if you often wake up at night from the heat, try rubbing this stick on your forehead.
- Wash your wrists and feet with cold water before going to bed.
- Apply a cold compress to your forehead to help you fall asleep faster